Sol Systems is one of the preeminent solar finance and development firms in the United States, with an established reputation for integrity and reliability. The company delivers sophisticated, customized services for our institutional, corporate, and municipal partners. Sol is employee-owned, and also backed by Sempra Energy, a $25+ billion energy company.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSol Systems is seeking a Summer Intern for our Trading team in our Washington, DC office. This is an excellent position for students currently pursuing degrees in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field, with a strong passion in the solar industry.
The intern can expect to learn about trading physical environmental commodities, portfolio strategy and business operations.
The Trading Intern will be responsible for:
- Support pricing/analysis work of trading
- Assisting with operational tasks that may involve inventory and contract management
- Support the Senior Associate with portfolio management
- Support the Director, Trading with research items
- Support the Director, Asset Management with customer and reporting tasks
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- MBA or graduate student studying economics, statistics, finance; or exceptional undergraduate student majoring in business and/or quantitative discipline
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with financial modeling and cash flow forecasting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interest to enter the solar industry
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Highly organized individual
- Creative problem solver
- Hungry to build something that you will own
Location & Hours: This position will be based at Farragut North in Washington, DC. This position is part-time. We are looking for a candidate who can commit between 30-40 hours per week.
Commitment & Compensation: This is a paid internship.