Cypress Creek Renewables believes solar energy makes the world safer, cleaner and better. Our team solves problems to successfully develop, design, build and operate solar facilitates across the United States. With more than 2.2 gigawatts solar energy deployed in more than a dozen states, Cypress Creek Renewables is one of the country’s leading solar companies. We are a national company with offices in North Carolina, California and throughout the country.
JOB DESCRIPTIONCypress Creek Renewables is seeking a talented Civil Project Engineer to join our team. This position will be focusing on designing and producing civil engineering documents for ground mounted solar photovoltaic (PV) system projects. Tasks will range from initial site feasibility analysis through the construction permit process and into construction oversight and verifying conformance with the design documents. This position will support our Sacramento location but can work remotely from anywhere on the West Coast.
- Assist as needed on the design of ground mounted solar PV system projects focusing on the civil engineering and land development aspects of the projects.
- Read, interpret, and understand all project documentation such as zoning and permitting requirements and produce design solutions to meet the requirements.
- Determine and coordinate surveys and studies required for design and permitting purposes. Review reports conducted for projects to ensure compliance and determine impacts into the site design.
- Produce engineering plans and details utilizing AutoCAD design software.
- Engineering plan sets to include Grading, Drainage, Erosion Control design, Sections, Profiles, and Details. Ensure designs follow all local, state, and federal standards.
- Produce Hydrology and Hydraulics reports that include calculations for the post construction runoff rates and the respective storm water mitigations, as well as meeting local standards.
- Create “base maps” that include project constraints and other applicable site data to use for design purposes. Sources may include publicly available data sites, boundary and topographic surveys, environmental features, etc. Ability to export GIS .shp files to AutoCAD and visa versa.
- Create Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs), determine and follow local standards for land disturbance.
- Review and interpret construction standards and specifications to ensure designs comply.
- Coordinate with design team to create a cohesive site design that incorporates design elements from electrical, structural, mechanical engineers, as well as landscape architects and other subcontractors involved with the projects.
- Knowledge of national codes and standards as applied to renewable energy system projects.
- Hire and manage subcontractors (survey, geotech, etc.).
- Prepare cost estimates and project schedules.
- Meet with agency officials and project stake holders to explain and/or collaborate on the design.
- Interacting with Agency officials and plan checkers via phone as required.
- Travel to project sites or meetings as required around the country.
- Civil Engineering Degree from an accredited university.
- Experience in the civil engineering land development design space, renewable energy field, or equivalent.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certified, progressively working towards Professional Engineer’s (PE) licensure.
- Utility scale ground mounted solar PV system project experience a plus. Understanding of the basics behind PV system projects.
- Construction experience (real world applications, takeoffs, RFI’s, submittals, etc.)
- Technology savvy with advanced computer skills.
- AutoCAD and/or Civil3D experience highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Self-motivated and committed to excellence.