Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar energy systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Civil Engineer II to join our team and we are open to either Oakland, or San Diego , CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: The Civil Engineer II will work with a team of Professional Civil Engineers, design engineers, project managers and engineering consultants to review and design, prospective commercial and utility solar PV projects ranging in size from 200kW to 20MW. Primary duties include the creation of plan sets, applications and due diligence associated with the permitting and entitlement of ground mounted solar systems.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Produce grading, drainage and site civil designs to support the production of construction drawings.
- Provide technical oversight and peer review of commercial, government and utility solar PV projects designed by a team of Project Engineers and 3rd-party engineering firms.
- Provide direct support for permitting and approval of designs leveraging a strong knowledge of local codes and standards to respond to AHJ comments.
- Manage the civil QA/QC of completed and in-progress projects, including coordination of site visits and processing RFIs and submittals.
- Prepare oversight and expertise of CEQA process.
- Prepare SWPPP documentation (plans and narrative), submit eNOI’s and be responsible for civil site SWPPP inspections.
- Provide support of accessibility and paving upgrades on carport projects
- Coordinate the proposal and work of our survey partners.
- Attend meetings with local planning/building departments
- Other duties, as assigned by leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years full-time experience in the drafting and preparation of development and permitting documents and plans.
- Civil PE certification in California is required
- Experience with the California Building Code (CBC) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Experience with the California Division of the State Architect (DSA)
- Ability to effectively communicate design concepts and participate in meetings between clients, project managers, project engineers, code officials and third party consultants
- Must be open minded, creative, and possess the ability to modify and expand theories to find creative solutions within the confines of the code
- Must be confident; must possess the ability to substantiate code interpretations and mathematically prove design concepts
- The successful candidate must be a high energy, resourceful and organized engineering professional. The ability to manage multiple projects is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Computer proficiency – AutoCAD Civil 3D and other civil modeling software, MS Office a must. Salesforce experience a plusExperience with cost estimation of designs.
- Experience developing projects at the local, State and Federal level
- Passionate about solar energy!
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Potential for bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.