Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 200 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $46 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing. www.rmi.org
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking a full-time Marketing Associate to be based in the Basalt, CO or Boulder, CO office.
The Marketing Associate will directly report to the Marketing Director and provide support in the development and execution of marketing and communications campaigns that support Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) brand as a global leader transforming global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future.
In this capacity, the position will be a member of RMI’s marketing and communications team—which is a full service team comprised of marketing, editorial, design, public relations, and digital—working primarily as a key point of contact with the mobility program, as well as supporting RMI’s development team.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a deep understanding of Rocky Mountain Institute’s strategy and how marketing and communications can successfully support programmatic impact
- Support marketing director in the strategic planning of marketing campaigns
- Support the design, build, and execution of multi-faceted direct business-to-business campaigns, and campaigns oriented to cultivating and growing RMI’s growing donor network
- Draft and/or review program communication materials such as blogs, newsletters, brochures, press releases, videos, digital content, and social media content
- Collaborate closely with other marketing and communications staff to facilitate successful execution of program communications materials and campaigns
- Collect and report on metrics associated with marketing campaigns to track progress
- Provide other project-specific communications support upon request
- Support RMI’s general communications efforts as needed
- Research and evaluate new communications and marketing tools as needed
Education and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years work experience
- Experience working in communications/media, and the public/non-profit sector desired.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required.
- Preferred expertise with digital marketing platforms
- Strong writer and storyteller
- Strong knowledge on a wide variety of communications and marketing tools—both traditional and emerging
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong passion for RMI’s mission and particular interest in the mobility transformation
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.