Sparkfund powers organizations by providing a new way to access energy systems - a subscription to advanced energy technology. We partner with trusted brands including major utilities, energy retailers, and contractors to deliver the Sparkfund Technology Subscription™. The technology subscription has enabled more than 200 medium-sized and enterprise businesses to accelerate adoption of new energy systems across their portfolio of buildings. End customers use the technology subscription as a strategy to accelerate adoption of new energy systems across their building portfolios without diverting time or money away from core business growth. Sparkfund seeks to create positive change by deploying solutions that make good business sense and are good for the planet.
Sparkfund is hiring an Operations Intern to work directly with the Director of Operations to expand the capabilities of our Team. You will build and run real business processes, built on the insights from a wide variety of our energy efficiency opportunities. In this role, you will find patterns in the work that we've done to help us be more efficient and more intentional about our work. This is a chance for someone to decipher our past work and where we've been, and propose and implement new ways for us to operate that will make us a better organization going forward. This is a great opportunity to dive into a cross-functional experience and to both gain exposure and contribute to some of Sparkfund’s most strategic pursuits.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Contribute directly to the creation and completion of energy efficiency upgrades occurring across the nation
- Gain experience as a project manager including how to document and coordinate resources (including your own)
- Rapidly prototype potential ideas to improve our tooling and materials, with a focus on process automation
- Create and improve processes, tools, and models that allow our sales, legal and finance teams to work in innovative ways
- Understand the contracts and relationships between companies involved in large scale energy efficiency upgrades
- Contribute to the ecosystem of knowledge, software, and processes that allow our business to grow
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Takes full ownership of work and remains highly organized
- Prior academic or professional experience in project management, software development, engineering or design
- Ability to quickly ingest information from a variety of sources, including spreadsheets and contracts
- Deep pattern awareness and ability to analyze large, complicated data sets and contracts
- Passion for finding, understanding and solving the needs of teammates
- Quantitative skill set, including experience creating and understanding Excel models - and bonus points for prior experience working in Google Sheets
- An ability to articulate your ideas, debate alternatives, and defend their merits, both verbally and in writing
- Dedication to what we’re building at Sparkfund, and making an impact through increasing access to energy efficiency across the economy
- Commitment to shared success in a collaborative team environment
- More so than anything, we’re looking for a hard worker that’s ready to learn and excited to contribute
What's different about this opportunity?
- Sparkfund is a rapidly growing company and we want you to take on real challenges for us. This is not a “run-and-get-coffee” role
- We are open to creative solutions, and the best idea wins. Your input will be heard and if your argument is sound we will take action on your recommendations
- You will interact with all levels of our organization, from our CEO to other interns, as well as with customers
- We have a ton of fun and want you to be a part of and add to our culture
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We strive to make advanced energy technology accessible to all to make our planet a better place. Diversity on our team is key to meeting that goal; by fostering a culture of empowerment, enabling innovation, and surfacing new ideas that can translate universally, we’ll solve tougher challenges as a group and reach more customers who can benefit from our solutions. We know that if we’re going to change the world, we need to create a space for people to bring their whole selves to work each and every day.
We’re not quite there yet, but we are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.