EnergySage is on a mission to make going solar as easy as booking a flight online. Everyday there are millions of Americans shopping for solar, and thousands of solar providers looking for well-qualified customers. Yet buying and selling solar remains as inefficient, confusing and costly as ever. There hasn’t been a simple, online marketplace for both parties to meet and interact with one another – until now. Our innovative, yet simple solution has already won the support and backing of the U.S. Department of Energy, New York State Energy Research & Development Authority, Connecticut Green Bank, and Massachusetts Clean Energy Center. We’re in over 30 states now, and we’re growing fast!
We’re accelerating the adoption of clean energy by bringing the shopping experience online, and are looking for a few talented people to help us take on this challenge.
We are seeking a Renewable Energy Market Analyst to support all research, writing, data analyses, and content development initiatives at the company. This person will help solidify EnergySage’s role as a thought leader and trusted information resource for all energy industry stakeholders, including installers, manufacturers, utilities, lenders and consumers. Research and writing efforts will focus on solar energy and battery storage systems, HVAC systems, electric vehicles and charging stations, and smart home devices. This position will entail significant primary and secondary research, industry relations, data collection and analysis, and report writing.
Our mission is to make the process of going solar as easy as booking a flight or hotel. Sounds far-fetched? It isn’t at EnergySage – the U.S. Department of Energy, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, and National Grid are just a few of the organizations betting that we’ll make this vision a reality!
We’d love for you to join. EnergySage is a great place to work, full of friendly, respectful and mission-oriented people. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
- Become the company expert on, and stay abreast of all industry, technology and regulatory trends and developments related to solar, battery storage, HVAC, electric vehicles, and smart home device markets
- Craft compelling stories, and translate data into insights and reports that address key business trends and issues for all energy industry audiences, as well as for consumers at all stages of the adoption lifecycle
- Maintain the existing content database for all company informational content (articles, blogs, reports, podcasts, video presentations, infographics, etc.) and update existing content wherever necessary
- Conduct detailed primary and secondary research, and lead the report writing function at the company
- Interview and build relationships with key industry stakeholders at all relevant companies, government and policymakers, municipalities, and advocacy organizations
- Regularly track all relevant regulatory and policy changes at the federal, state and local level, and effectively communicate these changes to the product, engineering and marketplace teams
- Assist in the proposal writing process for RFP’s where necessary
- Secure appropriate reviews and approvals for all content as required before posting, publishing or promoting
- BA/BS in economics, political science, or business, Masters degree is a plus
- 3-7 years work experience in an intensive research and writing role as an equity analyst, market research analyst, management consultant or similar
- Excellent oral communication, writing skills, and ability to prepare high-quality, polished articles and reports
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with statistical software preferred
- Strong attention to detail, and highly effective organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in energy sector is preferred but NOT required
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.