Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar energy systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Civil Engineer II to join our team and we are open to either Oakland, or San Diego , CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and for generating change are what drives our company’s success. We are seeking highly articulate, motivated, well organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
About the Position: The applicant will participate in project development and diligence of solar energy projects including detailed analysis of project risks and resolution thereof as well as forecasting of critical development milestones. The successful applicant will own a significant part of the process of development of solar energy projects from project origination to the closing stages of project financing.
Borrego is looking for a pro-active professional experienced in real estate development that can identify and resolve key issues in project development while moving transactions forward with project buyers.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Reports to the Executive Vice President Project Finance
- Manage cross-functional teams to complete critical project development tasks through an understanding of real estate, project permitting and interconnection
- Maintain checklists, schedules and other project management tools required to keep the process organized and allow transactions to close quickly
- Assist in the evaluation of project viability based on changing regulatory guidelines and the needs of the investment community
- Track inter-departmental deliverables and forecast project milestone dates
- Assist with the orderly transition of the project to the Engineering and Operations teams and with project buyers.
- Assist in the drafting of transaction documents for a project
- Perform any other duties as directed by the EVP Project Finance
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced business environment
- Experience with real estate development
- Knowledge of distributed solar generation development
- Experience with renewable energy project due diligence required for construction and financing
- Being accurate and detail orientated
- Proactive and mature
- Technology oriented
- Very strong written & verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2 to 4 years experience working in the solar industry with a focus on project development and financing
- Bachelors Degree
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Potential for bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.