Cypress Creek Renewables believes solar energy makes the world safer, cleaner and better. Our team solves problems to successfully develop and build solar facilitates across the United States. With more than 2.2 gigawatts of solar energy deployed in more than a dozen states, Cypress Creek Renewables is one of the country’s leading solar companies. We are a national company with offices in North Carolina, California and throughout the country.
The Project Associate Intern will have a role ensuring the success of Cypress Creek’s Colorado Project Development department. As a fast-paced division of Cypress Creek Renewables, Development is responsible for hundreds of solar facilities located throughout the country. You will learn about and support the Development team with the real estate, zoning, environmental, and engineering process. You will learn how these various components are used by the Development and Financing portion of the development, construction, and operation of utility scale solar facilities. Both current students and graduates are encouraged to apply. This position is may work remotely in Colorado with 2-3 days per week at a co-working space (in either Summit County or Denver) with the Colorado Senior Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the kick off of development verticals for new project (environmental, real estate, utility, title, geotech, survey, zoning)
- Aid the Project Manager with ensuring compliance with CCR requirements.
- Understand and maintain CCR process trackers and database
- Aid in research and due diligence for zoning requirements are various towns or counties .
- Support in project management tasks including regulatory permit submittals, payment requests and tracking, ground lease and purchase management, vendor SOW and POs, and title review.
- Manage and update GIS based mapping with support of engineering team.
- Support zoning activities including community outreach and events, meetings with planners and County engineers, working with consultants to coordinate deliverables necessary for application submittals or resubmittals, track county comments and referral agency requirements, ensure conditions of approval are met and/or communicate to construction team.
- Learn about how solar energy facilities are sited and developed.
- Spend 25-40 hours per week in Colorado based office
- Degree (in progress) in business, environmental or energy related field, GIS, project management or similar.
- Currently pursuing either Undergrad or Graduate degree.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy, through experience, volunteering or coursework
- 25 hours a week minimum and ability to come into a Colorado co-working office for ten weeks between the months of June and August with option to continue through December 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.