Over the next decade, solar energy will leapfrog the electricity grid in developing countries much like cell phones leapfrogged landlines. SunFunder is dedicated to financing this emerging solar market transformation.
SunFunder is a solar energy finance business with a mission to provide financing for solar assets in emerging economies, including inventory, working capital, construction, and structured finance loans. SunFunder is a well-positioned financial intermediary that has been operating since 2012.
We offer borrowers a deep solar market expertise, an efficient due diligence process and strong customer partnerships, while simultaneously providing investors with diversified, high-impact, fixed income debt offerings of emerging market solar investments.
SunFunder’s Debt Funds Associate will support SunFunder’s efforts to raise capital for solar companies and projects in emerging markets. The Associate will draft grant proposals, oversee SunFunder’s branding and communications, increase our media presence and help fulfill investor due diligence requests. The Associate will work closely with our Chief Legal Officer and our Debt Funds Officer, and engage with a wide cross-section of the solar, energy access and impact investment communities.
The role is well-suited to someone interested in a career in clean energy finance, energy access, impact investing and/or sustainable development. It offers ample opportunity to develop substantive skills related to the core aspects of SunFunder’s business.
Key tasks will include:
- Identify grant opportunities related to energy access, impact investment, gender investing, etc.
- Draft grant proposals
- Draft first loss and guaranty applications to support SunFunder’s debt facilities
- Develop and maintain Investor Relations communications in coordination with the Legal and Corporate Finance teams
- Assist the Debt Funds Team with investor due diligence
- Respond to investor information requests, including but not limited to solar impact and portfolio data
- Identify industry conferences and represent SunFunder as needed.
Media and Communications Lead
- Develop new content by collaborating with our global team on blog pieces, articles and industry leading white papers;
- Build SunFunder’s presence on social media and coordinate dissemination of press releases;
- Coordinate media opportunities, including participation in industry webinars;
- Lead brand strategy, including design work on both online and offline communications tools.
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate commitment to creating social, environmental and economic impact through innovative clean energy finance
- Prior knowledge/familiarity with emerging markets, solar energy, and/or finance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and willing/able to learn new tools/systems
- Experience developing a media profile and/or other public relations or fundraising activities.
- Experience related to web design and branding
- Academic excellence in a relevant discipline (master’s degree preferred) and at least one year of professional experience.
- SunFunder is a distributed team that includes 11 nationalities. As such, the ideal candidate is someone who over-communicates, is highly organized and results-oriented.
- Hunger for helping to build an early-stage business in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to challenge the way we’re doing things, “get your hands dirty” and perform unglamorous roles from time to time, as well as the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Other qualities that are important to us: a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, low-ego, and a good sense of humor.
- Salary commensurate with experience. SunFunder offers a generous benefits package, a unique work culture for an ambitious company that strongly encourages a healthy life-work balance, and an opportunity to work with a fun, passionate and talented international team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below. Position is titled, "Debt Funds Associate"