Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Job Title: Associate – Project Finance I
Reports To: Manager – Project Finance
Basic Job Functions:
The Associate works with other associates and senior team members in the Project Finance & System Sales group to support the development, sale, and financing of First Solar’s utility-scale solar power projects. This pre-MBA role focuses on financial modelling and analytics to support First Solar’s Project Development and Business Development groups in preparing bids for new Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contracts. The Analyst also serves as the junior deal team member on sales of projects to leading IPPs, utilities, and financial investors. The ideal candidate will have a very solid financial modelling background, a strong work ethic, and a passion for the solar / renewable energy space.
- 1 – 3 years finance experience
- Investment banking, project finance, or corporate M&A experience is preferred
- Solar or renewable energy experience is a plus
- B.S. in finance, engineering or science is preferred; however, other majors are also acceptable if followed by the required professional finance experience.
- Excellent financial modeling skills and strong quantitative ability
- Professional presence and ability to communicate effectively to senior executives
- Ability to work under the guidance of a senior PF team member or stretch upwards to operate at the level of an investment banking senior analyst or junior associate as demanded by the situation
- Ability to creatively apply finance thinking and analysis to a wide range of problems related to the solar energy space with focus on utility-scale solar
- Create and analyze complex financial models for First Solar’s utility-scale solar projects in connection with PPA bids, EPC bids, asset sales, and acquisitions of outside projects
- Participate on deal teams to execute the sales and financing of First Solar’s projects
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, and other corporate teams to drive initiatives to innovate and improve on First Solar’s product offerings and technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
- Reporting Relationships:
- This position will report directly to the Manager – Project Finance
- This is an Associate level positon with no direct reports
- This position is required to travel less than 10% of the time.
US Physical Requirements:
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role. Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.