This is an opportunity to be part of a world-class team at the nexus of two of the most exciting developments in energy today – big, real-time data and energy storage.
Stem creates innovative technology services that transform the way energy is distributed and consumed. Stem’s mission is to build and operate the largest digitally-connected energy storage network for our customers. Our world-class analytics will optimize the value of customer’s energy assets and facilitate their participation in energy markets, yielding economic and societal benefits while decarbonizing the grid. We create automated, price-responsive systems that enable C&I customers to predict and control electricity costs and capture savings in a rapidly-evolving utility landscape. The Stem system combines predictive analytics and advanced energy storage with a high-fidelity software user interface. By buffering spikes in energy usage, Stem also reduces the impact of the C&I customer on the utility grid and enables better grid citizenship. Through innovation in technology and financing, our goal is to optimize the relationships between energy providers and consumers.
JOB DESCRIPTIONStem is looking for a creative undergraduate between their junior and senior years or a graduate student with an interest in energy and distributed energy resources (DER). This Summer intern will work directly with the Senior Sales Analyst and the Sales and Customer Operations team on a number of different projects. This role is focused on improving Stem’s sales support and customer engagement effectiveness using customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as Salesforce, and analytics to help the sales and marketing organization.
Potential Projects include:
- Providing sales support through research processes to improve sales productivity and improve activity tracking
- Collaborating with the marketing organization to improve campaign tracking and reporting, industry, role, win/loss, and competitive deal tracking
- Developing CRM functionality to improve the efficiency and drive greater transaction volume of Stem’s Affiliate and Channel partner programs, including solutions such as: lead registration, pipeline tracking, sales collateral and training portal.
- Conducting research and analysis on target enterprise accounts (locations, contacts, company facts/data);
- Assisting in building the infrastructure to support RFP responses
- Improving the data integrity and effectiveness of our CRM tools
- Interest in energy
- Ability to develop Pivot tables and write macros are preferred
- Strong familiarity using Excel and other MS Office applications
- Proven experience or capability working in a fast paced start-up environment
- Demonstrated capabilities in working with datasets and databases
- Past experiences in sales or operations and using Salesforce a strong plus