Sunrun is the largest dedicated residential solar company in the United States. In collaboration with our certified partner network, Sunrun helps homeowners get solar energy that is perfect for their home and lifestyle, simply and quickly.
Sunrun’s Public Affairs Intern will be at the cutting edge of solar policy progress nationwide, helping develop and drive public campaigns to protect energy choice and rooftop solar growth. The position will report to the Senior Manager of Public Affairs and will support our 20-person Public Policy team by supporting public outreach and media campaigns across the nation.
Duties of this position will include assisting with the execution of campaign strategy on state and national campaigns through a breadth of media relations, public affairs, and marketing responsibilities, grassroots and grasstops organizing, digital art and content creation, and storytelling on key messages to mobilize public support for rooftop solar.
Assist with the development of national and state-level campaign plans in collaboration with Policy Directors:
- Help manage and drive media relations and public affairs objectives for the policy team.
- Build press lists for local and national reporters.
- Assist in drafting press releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, blog posts, and advertisement copy (digital, radio, TV, etc.).
- Execute content creation and manage online channels including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google AdWords -- ensuring key messages are consistent across all content.
- Help organize rallies, press events, demonstrations, and other public action in support of solar.
- Utilize digital tools to engage existing and new advocates through Sunrun’s advocacy organization.
- Help support development and design of creative digital art elements such as videos, web pages, advertisements, and graphics.
- 1+ years demonstrated professional experience in media relations, communications, or public affairs.
- Interest or experience framing, messaging, and narrative development that centers around issue advocacy.
- Demonstrated interest in all aspects of presswork (creating media advisories and press releases, pitching to and building relationships with reporters, training spokespeople, etc.).
- Interest in developing and implementing digital strategies and tactics across digital platforms.
- Demonstrated clear and persuasive writing skills.
- Ability to create content quickly in fast-paced environment.
- Ability or interest in developing and driving list-building strategies and managing communication databases.
- General passion for clean energy and politics.
- Strong computer skills, preferably including G Suite platforms like Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and creative problem-solver.
- Prefer experience using digital content creators, such as iMovie or Final Cut.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.