In 2012, while still in graduate school, Sam and Chris installed a commercial solar system for a school in East Africa. The project was a resounding success, allowing the school to save on its electricity bills as well as have a reliable and carbon-free source of energy.
However, Sam and Chris experienced firsthand the inefficiency of the solar sales, design, and commissioning process. Although the system itself took only a few weeks to install, research, financial calculations, and system design took several months.
Talking to other solar installers, they found that soft-costs were impeding the growth of the industry. Based on these experiences, they founded Aurora with the goal of enabling any solar professional to design and sell an optimal solar project in minutes.
To date, Aurora has been used to design over 1,000,000 solar installations. And we're just getting started!
We are looking for an analytical, creative, and hard-working individual who is passionate about renewable energy and sustainability. You are highly organized and experienced with managing multiple deadlines. You have a passion for and experience with digital marketing and are knowledgeable about various social media platforms. In this role you will be part of an industry-leading marketing team to help develop campaigns, content, and partnerships with various solar organizations.
- Manage marketing campaigns and logistics for outreach events such as trade shows and sales road shows.
- Develop relationships with industry stakeholders (trade publications, industry influencers, press, etc.) through direct outreach and social media engagement.
- Manage email marketing to communicate with current clients about our work and increase awareness of Aurora’s value among prospective customers.
- Strategic thinker with a high level of attention to detail.
- Great organizational skills and the ability to manage many moving parts.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a passion for connecting with people socially, and a penchant for building relationships with industry influencers.
- Deep understanding of social media and its ability to build relationships, foster conversations, and create community.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to communicate complex topics in a simple and compelling way.
- If you don’t have all of the above skills, but are talented, ambitious, and feel compelled by what we are working on, please feel free to apply and make sure to include a cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.