EDP Renováveis is a leading renewable energy company registered in Oviedo and headquartered in Madrid that designs, develops, manages and operates power plants that generate electricity using renewable energy sources.
The Summer Associate for the Energy Assessment department will assist our team with operational Wind Farms duties. This is a 10-week full-time and paid internship that will start on or around June 4, 2018.
- Support the development of software tools using SQL server, R studio, Excel, Visual Basic, C++ that will be used to analyze operational wind farms
- Machine learning and big data tools
- Develop R studio programs that streamline the process of creating report
- Manage SQL server for uploading new data and updating tables
- Knowledge in Wind energy (wind analysis, power curve verification)
- Knowledge in Windographer
- Additional duties as required
- Must be in the junior or senior year of undergraduate study or currently pursuing a graduate degree
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Advantage Knowledge of SQL and R studio
- Experience with data management
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.