EDP Renováveis is a leading renewable energy company registered in Oviedo and headquartered in Madrid that designs, develops, manages and operates power plants that generate electricity using renewable energy sources.
The Investments and M&A Associate will analyze and execute strategic investments (organic and M&A projects) for EDPR North America, working under the direction of the Corporate Head of Investments and M&A. You will facilitate investment-related communications and decision making with EDP and other business units, including corporate areas of EDPR.
- Analyze Greenfield projects in terms of economic risk and strategic options and provide reports of findings
- Analyze and support bid strategy for Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) bids
- Perform valuations and prepare investment memoranda to assist EDPR and EDP decision making bodies in making investment/divestment decisions
- Ensure that investments are evaluated objectively and based on consistent criteria and perform investment approval procedures
- Evaluate M&A opportunities in terms of risk return analyses
- Evaluate divestment opportunities and assist in the execution of asset rotation targets for the platform
- Coordinate external advisors (e.g. legal counsel, financial institutions) and direct internal EDPR teams (e.g. operations, wind, tax) for due diligence efforts for execution of merger & acquisition (M&A) transaction Participate in strategic analysis projects (i.e., Special Projects)
- Support in the preparation of EDPR business plan and Impairment analyses
- Additional duties as required
Direct reports: None
Travel: Up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 3-4 years valuation/corporate finance experience, at least 2-3 years direct M&A experience
- Strong knowledge of valuation, financing, accounting, and strategic analysis; M&A/deal negotiation experience is a plus
- Sound analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Exemplary standards of integrity, honor, safety, management, ethics, quality, and productivity
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.