With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Are you interested in exploring a career at an internationally-recognized environmental organization? By joining EDF as an Intern, you too can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life. EDF’s Internship Program welcomes intellectually hungry leaders to join us, advance our work, and cultivate the skills and relationships needed for a successful career working for the environment. Alumni of our Internship Program have gone on to important leadership positions, most notably our own President, Fred Krupp. Could you be the next Fred Krupp?
EDF offers internships and fellowships for students and recent graduates in a variety of programs and departments throughout the organization. The ultimate goal of our internship and fellowship program is to provide high-quality experiences (including relevant projects and opportunities for networking) that form the foundation for any individual who is serious about pursuing an environmental career.
Defend Our Future, an initiative of EDF, is empowering young people to change the politics around climate change so we can make progress on the most important environmental issue of our time. Defend Our Future is building a diverse, nationwide movement of student leaders, social justice and environmental activists, artists, actors, comedians, companies and others who support action on climate to protect the most vulnerable communities, public health and the environment for future generations.
Jonathan Soohoo, Operations Coordinator
As a Defend Our Future intern, you will be supporting a small team within EDF, along with a number of consultants, and contributing to multiple projects throughout the summer of 2018. You will be working alongside experts in grassroots organizing, voter mobilization, political and issue campaigns, and traditional and online communications.
Some of the tasks you will perform include preparing blog and social media posts, editing reports and proposals, research, outreach to allied organizations and event coordination. You will have opportunities to gain new experience working alongside a diverse array of experts of a leading environmental organization, and to network at events in the Washington, DC region.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Diverse partnerships engagement.
- Draft and edit copy for social media, website, blogs, emails and other materials.
- Coordinate and staff events.
- Perform research for Defend Our Future and Political Affairs team, as needed.
- Provide administrative support, as needed.
- Demonstrated interested in or experience working to mobilize grassroots supporters for an environmental organization, or political or campaign issue.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with popular social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Familiarity with graphic design platforms such as Canva is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
- Washington, DC
- 10 weeks during the summer
- Full-time (35 hours/week)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.