CleanChoice Energy is a leading renewable energy company empowering residential and commercial customers to reduce emissions and support clean energy through 100 percent renewable electricity. CleanChoice’s mission is to make clean energy accessible for everybody. CleanChoice supplies only clean renewable energy to customers, operating in eight states and the District of Columbia, bringing cleaner air closer to home. The company is a founding member of the Coalition for Community Solar Access, recently passed $1.5 million in total corporate donations to environmental and social impact organizations, and has been awarded the highest level of B Corp certification.
CleanChoice Energy seeks a Project Analyst, Solar Development who will support the development efforts of community solar energy projects across the country. The position will include day-to-day support working with team members, property owners, and consultants to ensure projects are advanced on-time and on budget. Additionally, the position will interface and provide support to cross functional teams such as Business Development and Finance. The position will contribute to the company’s mission of making clean energy accessible for everybody. The Project Analyst will report to the Managing Director, Renewable Energy.
- Conduct analysis within defined community solar markets to identify project locations
- Conduct landowner and stakeholder outreach
- Conduct independent site visits to assess project viability
- Conduct review of local and state permitting regulations
- Coordinate project layout and energy production analysis
- Conduct initial economic modeling
- Support environmental diligence and permitting processes of projects
- Support interconnection and incentive application processes
- Responsible for project document control to ensure they are accessible and organized
- Support vendor and contractor management, to include coordinating contract execution and cost control
- Support public outreach campaigns to inform and educate local communities on the benefit of community solar
- Support new market analysis and viability
- Support due diligence of asset acquisition opportunities
- Coordinate and support meetings and events with cross functional team members
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-5 years of relevant industry experience, solar development experience preferred
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant field (i.e. technical, business, science)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- The individual should be a self-starter who is able to work independently and in collaborative environments
- General understanding of solar project economics, financial models, and monitoring cash flow
- Strong organizational skills to maintain accurate project records
- Proficient computer skills and software, such as Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to Excel, MS Project Word, and PowerPoint. AutoCad, Sketchup and/or ArcGIS a plus
A sunny office in Washington, DC overlooking the C&O Canal National Park. We’re one block from the Georgetown waterfront.
This position offers compensation commensurate with experience and skills and a robust benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below. Position is titled, "Project Analyst, Solar Development"