In 2012, while still in graduate school, Sam and Chris installed a commercial solar system for a school in East Africa. The project was a resounding success, allowing the school to save on its electricity bills as well as have a reliable and carbon-free source of energy.
However, Sam and Chris experienced firsthand the inefficiency of the solar sales, design, and commissioning process. Although the system itself took only a few weeks to install, research, financial calculations, and system design took several months.
Talking to other solar installers, they found that soft-costs were impeding the growth of the industry. Based on these experiences, they founded Aurora with the goal of enabling any solar professional to design and sell an optimal solar project in minutes.
To date, Aurora has been used to design over 1,000,000 solar installations. And we're just getting started!
We are looking for analytical and creative thinkers who will develop strategies for creating and qualifying new sales opportunities for Aurora's sales representative(s). We are looking for self-starters, strong communicators and people comfortable working with numbers. In this role you will spend a lot of time talking to people, and working with spreadsheets. If you fit this profile, and are interested in renewable energy, we would love to hear from you!
- You will proactively nurture leads through email and phone calls.
- You will assist the sales team by helping schedule appointments with leads and other prospective clients.
- You will represent Aurora at events such as trade and roadshows.
- You will respond to inbound client inquiry.
- You will manage Aurora's salesforce account.
- You will develop annotated lead databases of leads for the Aurora inside sales team.
- You will conduct research to understand target market dynamics and to anticipate client needs by profile.
- You will analyze Aurora's existing customer database and develop appropriate (re-)targeting strategies.
- You will develop profile type- specific templates and / or collateral.
- Passionate about renewable energy.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.
- Comfort with basic quantitative analysis.
- Comfortable using MS Excel.
- Self-driven, with good project management and organizational skills.
- Any background in solar design and renewable energy is a plus.
If you don’t have all of the above skills, but are talented, ambitious and feel compelled by what we are working on, please feel free to apply and make sure to include a cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for this position.
- The opportunity to work with a fast growing startup in one of the nation’s most dynamic sectors.
- A diverse array of interesting problems, whose solutions have a real impact on society.
- Opportunity to attend and potentially speak at important events.
- Competitive compensation, and comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.