Sol Systems is seeking a Summer Intern for our Project Development team in our Washington, DC office. The team develops commercial and small utility scale solar energy projects from inception to the start of detailed construction engineering. This position will involve all aspects of supporting project developers in both potential and existing markets.
Sol Systems is seeking a Summer Intern for our Development Engineering team in our Washington, DC office.
The intern can expect to gain knowledge of the technical factors affecting solar energy production, as well as learn of the regional and design-based factors affecting cost of building solar energy plants.
The Development Engineering Intern will be responsible for:
- Complete site layouts for prospective projects using AutoCAD and online tools.
- Assist Development Engineering team with building databases and tools to improve accuracy of predictions on system pricing and energy production.
- Perform research and improve tools to assist team in estimating energy losses due to soiling.
- Research implementation of new technologies for the team, including bulk battery storage.
- Collaborate with teams across Sol Systems to integrate and maintain project data on a project development dashboard.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A current college junior or senior student
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Excellent communication and research skills
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interest to enter the solar industry
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Highly organized individual
- Creative problem solver
- Hungry to build something that you will own
Location & Hours:
This position will be based at Farragut North in Washington, DC. This position is part-time. We are looking for a candidate who can commit between 30-40 hours per week.
Commitment & Compensation:
This is a paid internship.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!