Sol Systems is seeking a Summer Intern for our Project Development team in our Washington, DC office. The team develops commercial and small utility scale solar energy projects from inception to the start of detailed construction engineering. This position will involve all aspects of supporting project developers in both potential and existing markets.
The intern can expect to learn about the development of commercial and small utility scale photovoltaic installations, and how ground-mount and rooftop solar projects move from conception to design and ultimately construction. The intern will gain an understanding of land use planning, legal and environmental permitting, grid interconnection details, budgeting, scheduling and financial modeling. By working in a cross-functional role, the intern may gain additional knowledge of electricity markets, finance, project economics, asset management and legal contracts.
The Project Development Intern will be responsible for:
- Research zoning, land permitting, and/or utility interconnection requirements in new markets
- Create and update project schedules and budgets
- Research technical consulting partners
- Develop project management tools
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A current college junior or senior student
- Pursuing a degree in Environmental Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Energy & Sustainability, or related field
- Ability to create and improve process and data tracking tools
- Excellent communication and research skills
- Strong technical skills
- Strong writing skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interest to enter the solar industry
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Highly organized individual
- Creative problem solver
- Hungry to build something that you will own
Location & Hours:
This position will be based at Farragut North in Washington, DC. This position is part-time. We are looking for a candidate who can commit between 30-40 hours per week.
Commitment & Compensation:
This is a paid internship.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!