The Clean Energy Leadership Institute (CELI) is a professional development organization with operations in Washington, DC and San Francisco. Our mission is to empower and connect diverse young professionals seeking leadership roles in the clean energy field, which we accomplish through best-in-class programmatic and community activities. CELI has trained over 300 young professionals across 200 different organizations and built a network of hundreds of clean energy experts and professionals.
CELI is seeking a highly-motivated Executive Director who is passionate about the next generation of leadership in clean energy. CELI has experienced incredible growth and is at a pivotal moment for scaling further and increasing its impact. The Executive Director will play a key role in that effort by raising funds, forging strategic partnerships, curating educational programs, and building a strong community of professionals. This position will work closely with a dedicated volunteer Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Travel is required, particularly between San Francisco and Washington, DC. The position can be based in either Washington, DC or the Bay Area.
- Experience fundraising from corporate, community, and philanthropic sources
- 7+ years in the renewable energy, leadership development, or non-profit field
- Experience overseeing professional development or educational programming
- Highly organized with strong volunteer and staff management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Experience managing of a departmental or organizational budget
Areas of Responsibility
Programs & Volunteer Management
- Successfully drive outreach for new Fellows, with a focus on underrepresented communities
- Build and maintain a strong network of energy professionals and fellowship alumni
- Develop new programming that meets the needs of the community
- Attract and retain a skilled, diverse leadership team
- Effectively articulate vision and provide clear sense of direction to the leadership team
- Assure continuity of funding and aggressively pursues new funding sources
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and stewardship
- Ensure financial reporting standards and legal requirements are met
- Manage costs and budgets appropriately
Strategy & Board Relations
- Work to develop strong, productive relationships with board members
- Set relevant, actionable, and measurable strategic goals for the organization
- Demonstrate progress towards goals and clearly communicate progress to Board
- Recruit new board members to strengthen skill / background diversity of board
- Prepare and present materials in the quarterly meetings with the Board
- Prepare, present, and manage an annual budget
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!