Sunrun is the largest dedicated residential solar company in the United States. In collaboration with our certified partner network, Sunrun helps homeowners get solar energy that is perfect for their home and lifestyle, simply and quickly.
The Associate PV Designer is responsible for learning and refining their process of designing code-compliant residential solar photovoltaic systems following engineering department policy. Developing an understanding of structural and electrical engineering concepts and calculations is a necessity for this position. This is an entry level position focused on developing individuals to become qualified PV Designers. This is a fast paced yet detail oriented position.
- Create, review and modify pv system drawing sets in AutoCAD and custom software tools
- Adhere to pv system design criteria including structural, electrical, equipment, and installation parameters
- Comply with local and national code requirements in project jurisdictions
- Create project bills of material
- Degree or Certificate from a Technical College or field experience in a relevant trade
- Knowledge of residential or commercial construction process
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineering, construction, and customer facing teams
- Proficiency in drafting using AutoCAD, Sketchup, or related software
- Excellent computing skills
- Strong desire to Create a Planet Run by the Sun!
- Experience with designing and/or constructing solar electric systems
- Strong working knowledge of residential framing, roofing, and electrical
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and local building codes
- Experience with AutoCad and Salesforce
- Experience in creating material takeoffs
- Ability to perform normal office duties
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!