Cypress Creek Renewables believes solar energy makes the world safer, cleaner and better. Our team solves problems to successfully develop and build solar facilitates across the United States. With more than 2.2 gigawatts of solar energy deployed in more than a dozen states, Cypress Creek Renewables is one of the country’s leading solar companies. We are a national company with offices in North Carolina, California and throughout the country.
Cypress Creek operates in a highly-regulated environment. A wide range of policies at the federal, state and local levels affect our business. Thus, our success in providing widespread access to affordable solar energy depends on our ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders. The public affairs at Cypress Creek works across verticals to develop strategic partnerships and communication plans that will allow us to install as much solar enery as possible.
The public affairs intern will assist in all efforts related to Cypress Creek’s public affairs initiatives. This position involves writing, community outreach, event management, and digital media strategy. Cypress Creek is a high-growth company, so the intern will have the opportunity to learn new skills, rapidly develop their career, and earn competitive pay.
Activities performed by the intern will include:
- Draft and update branded collateral including brochures and website content in coordination with the zoning and market development teams;
- Support community relations initiatives including community involvement meetings and local giving;
- Draft social media posts and monitor and report on digital media activity;
- Assist in event coordination;
- Maintain and update databases and assist with document control.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Previous internships or employment experience in government, media, communications or public affairs
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, completing tasks
- Ability to work out of Cypress Creek’s Durham, NC office at least twice per week
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!