Alta Energy is an analytics and procurement company that enables commercial and property owners to make clear, rational decisions about when, where and how to deploy renewable energy. The Company is currently hiring enterprising individuals to assist with Alta Energy’s rapid growth. Ideal candidates should have direct experience in developing and managing renewable energy systems for commercial and industrial clients.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
The Project Management & Assessment Associate will provide analytical support for all functions of the Project Management & Assessment Group, including electricity rate and usage analysis, PV System design, energy storage design, renewable energy incentive and utility policy tracking, property portfolio analysis, project qualification, economic modeling, and proposal solicitation. Analyst may also be called on to evaluate potential partnerships and new business opportunities. The particular focus of this position will be financial modeling and cash flow analysis of proposed solar and other renewable energy projects. In addition, Associate will work on a wide variety of projects and tasks in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. In order to be successful, the Associate will need to have or quickly develop a deep understanding of various aspects of the renewable energy ecosystem as it relates to Alta Energy’s partners and clients. This position is critical to supporting the Company’s continued success.
- Thorough comprehension of dynamic renewable energy incentives and distributed generation policies,
- Research and analysis of utility rate structures and client electricity usage/costs,
- PV System Design
- Maintaining, improving, and expanding Alta’s financial modeling capabilities,
- Utilizing Alta Energy’s proprietary databases and financial models to evaluate potential projects,
- Supporting administration and evaluation of deployment management services,
- Concise and compelling communication with a variety of stakeholders regarding project feasibility and expected financial returns, including considering of various ownership structures and financing scenarios.
Skills Required: Critical Thinking, Data Analysis, Excel (or other analytical tools), Helioscope. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Candidate must also be a team player, organized problem solver and an independent self-starter with excellent follow through.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics or other quantitative field, and a minimum of two years’ work experience (can include internships), preferably in renewable energy.
Hours: 40 hours per week/Monday-Friday at Alta Energy’s San Mateo office.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please follow the link below. Position is titled, "Project Management and Assessment Associate"
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!