Pattern Energy Group is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns, and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America, Japan, and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind, solar, and transmission.
The Pattern Energy Group team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters, and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy Group operates in the United States, Canada, Japan, Chile, and Mexico with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York, Toronto, Tokyo, and Santiago. Pattern Energy Group’s corporate headquarters is in San Francisco.
The main job purpose of the Finance and Portfolio Management Analyst is to serve as the primary owner of financing agreements across the construction and operating portfolio of power generation and transmission assets, and across certain development and corporate financing facilities, as applicable.
Main responsibilities include, among others:
- Ensuring and maintaining financing compliance across all project financing agreements, equity financings, and other facilities, as applicable;
- Serving as the point-of-contact for external financing partners;
- Serving as the knowledge center across the various financing agreements for internal Pattern Energy Group teams;
- Performing ad-hoc financial and contractual analysis as needed;
- Assisting with financial closings, and leading certain financing process and transactions, such as term conversions, consents, amendments, waivers, etc.;
- Managing “Loan Administration” – managing the financial aspects of construction activities, including ensuring loan compliance, implementing disbursements, filings, budgeting, debt servicing oversight, and preparation of lender reports; and
- Producing and delivering various financial and operational reports for internal and external consumption.
Education and Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior work experience in a related financial, contractual, energy, banking, asset management, accounting, and/or project management role
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated history of increased responsibility
A successful candidate will possess strengths in the following areas:
- Detail-oriented work style with an ability to work in a high-pressure environment without sacrificing precision and accuracy;
- Eagerness to learn, hard work ethic, persistence, and an ability to quickly grasp and understand new concepts including financial and legal structures and statutory requirements;
- Effective time management skills with to an ability to prioritize and handle work load while adhering to deadlines and performance standards;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, both within the company and externally, verbally and through writing, and on technical and non-technical topics;
- Ability to work efficiently and congenially cross-functionally and cross-departmentally;
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities;
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision, but with the wisdom to know when to seek guidance and escalate key issues; and
- Being a team player and an all-around great person with which to work.
Additional Technical Skills
- Strong excel skills with a solid foundation in quantitative / financial reasoning;
- Ability to read, understand, navigate, and interpret complex legal contracts and financing structures;
- An understanding of project finance;
- Effective professional writing and communication skills; and
- Proficiency in standard office software (e.g. Excel, MS Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.)
HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!