Nexight Group is a small technical and management consulting firm working for a variety of clients in many topic areas. This position will primarily support government clients in the energy sector. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important to skills and subject matter expertise.
JOB DESCRIPTIONApplicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Rapidly build understanding of specialized, highly technical information in energy systems technology, policy, standards, and strategy, and translate complex subjects into plain English for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, analyze trends and future directions, develop insightful and accurate syntheses of key issues, and tackle similar tasks that require strong critical thinking and analysis of complex problems.
- Write concise and engaging content for reports, roadmaps, presentations, policy briefings, fact sheets, and other outreach publications.
- Interview and communicate with subject matter experts to gather informed and original opinions on topics of study or clarify specific trends or meaning of data.
- Develop multifaceted desktop research plans for effective data collection, management, and analysis.
- Assist in facilitating diverse groups of expert stakeholders to build partnerships, reach consensus decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Build subject matter expertise and use it to effectively synthesize research, data, and expert viewpoints and tailor information to the right audience.
- Develop both detailed and high-level summaries of interviews, meetings, and workshops.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in energy, engineering, cyber security, policy, business, or related fields
- At least three years of professional experience
- At least one year of experience in energy or energy-related work
- Experience in analysis and synthesis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, that reflect strong critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to understand highly technical, complex information and translate it for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
- Master’s degree
- More than five years of professional experience
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Experience with energy sector resilience and cyber security
- Experience in communicating data visually
- Experience conducting stakeholder consultations via interviews, focus groups, or facilitated workshops
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to come to consensus or collaborate on a way forward
- Experience working with federal agencies or other organizations advising on energy policy
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise, and learn about a variety of topics. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!