The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Assist with the implementation of NY-Sun’s Solar Soft Cost Reduction program with a focus on outreach and educational efforts, policy research, stakeholder engagement, material development, and on-time completion of deliverables
- Identify best practices for local solar PV policies, and draft guidance documents for local decision-makers and industry members
- Support the development of data sets & tools, written resources, reports, summary papers, case studies, technical briefs, and web-based materials in support of knowledge transfer and outreach efforts
- Assist on facilitating workshops and working group meetings with diverse stakeholders from the public and private sectors as well as complete projects and deliverables with input from the working group
- Perform market characterization, policy and regulatory analysis and studies
- Conduct deep-dive analysis on new market potential and expanding access (low-income, shared solar, non-profit opportunities, commercial and mid-scale deployment) in support of, and as part of, technical assistance to key stakeholders including regulatory staff and state agencies
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Current graduate student studying environmental management, environmental policy, public policy, or a related field
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- Strong work ethic
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!