Safari Energy was founded in 2008 with a vision of reducing energy expenses for commercial customers while also helping the environment. Safari Energy saw an opportunity to apply its finance and construction management acumen to the dynamic and rapidly unfolding market for distributed solar power in the United States, particularly for large real estate owners.
Our team consists of dedicated professionals with expertise in real estate, finance, energy, and construction, backed by a group of top-tier strategic investors. We are passionate about delivering superior energy solutions for commercial, industrial and institutional real estate clients nationwide.
As a member of the Project Finance team, the Associate will be reporting to the SVP, Project Finance. He or she will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for identifying renewable energy development opportunities within the commercial sector and assist in the execution of Company projects. He or she will be expected to gather information from multiple sources and analyze the financial and technical feasibilities of solar projects for various properties and client types. The successful candidate will coordinate with finance and operations professionals to maintain cost estimates, federal and state incentive information and other critical assumptions. The ability to work independently and as a team member are critical, as well as the desire and innovative mind set to operate as an important contributor within a fast-pace, early stage company environment.
- Leading the financial analyses and customer presentation process
- Interfacing with the Operations team on all structural and technical aspects of solar projects
- Interfacing with Finance professionals to develop and structure customer-specific financing solutions
- Researching federal and state photovoltaic (PV) incentive programs for incorporation into analyses and identification of new business opportunities
- Interfacing with customers to assist in presenting detailed analyses and ongoing client support
Near Term Goals and Objectives – Measures of Success
- Quickly come up to speed on industry and company value proposition
- Identify and pursue key business opportunities
- Develop, build and maintain financial models for internal analyses and client presentations
- Foster cohesive teamwork that delivers best-in-class service to clients and has a positive impact on the work environment
Must be passionate about the renewable energy business, hardworking and thrive in the fast pace of a rapidly growing, early stage company with tremendous growth potential. In addition, the Associate must possess:
- Minimum 2-5 years of relative project finance experience with a developer / investment firm in the renewable energy space or investment banking experience preferably in power/energy/utilities
- Proven ability to quickly and accurately run complex financial models using thoughtful assumptions
- Creativity to transform raw data into presentations with an eye on design and accuracy, while conveying the intended value proposition
- Track-record of working on teams to support renewable energy, power or infrastructure projects
- Outstanding organizational and people skills
- Understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems
- Understanding of project and structured finance
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate about solar and renewable energy
- Collaborative and engaging leader who partners well with others
- Strong team orientation and demonstrated client management skills;
- Highly energetic and results-driven, with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Executive presence, outgoing with strong communication and presentation skills
- Builds trust by demonstrating high ethical standards and personal integrity
- Quick learner and highly intelligent
- Analytical problem solver who views obstacles as challenges
- Creative thinker who generates new and different ideas
- Self-motivated, self-starter who can work independently when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier school
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!