At Axiom Exergy, our goal is to make the world’s energy systems smarter, more flexible, and more efficient in order to accelerate the proliferation of distributed, intermittent renewables.
Our flagship product, The Refrigeration Battery, is a retrofit thermal energy storage solution, specifically designed for supermarkets, groceries, and other facilities with high refrigeration load. The Refrigeration Battery can shift over six hours of peak refrigeration load to off-peak hours, lowering demand charges for the customer and alleviating strain on the electric grid.
Do you want to supercharge your engineering and product development skills to a whole new level while playing a mission-critical role in a cutting-edge energy storage company? Are you passionate about making tangible, impactful change on the planet?
Axiom Exergy is transforming the world's outdated refrigeration systems into intelligent, IoT energy storage batteries. We're making the long-term prospect of renewables on the grid a reality.
We’re looking for an engineer who is ready to get their hands dirty, cares about building real things that produce real results, and will do whatever it takes to bring a new energy storage system to market!
What You'll Do
You will work directly with the CTO, VP of Engineering, and Senior Product Engineer on the following strategic initiatives:
- Optimization and performance testing/analysis of field-deployed Refrigeration Battery units.
- CAD and computational performance modeling of the next-generation Refrigeration Battery.
- Materials and component procurement.
- Vendor, partner, and customer interaction.
- Design, fabrication, and testing of in-house R&D tools.
- Authoring white papers, industry publications, seminar papers/presentations, etc.
- Anything else necessary to help.
Who You Are
- At least junior standing pursuing a B.S. in mechanical, civil, electrical engineering, or similar.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, rapidly iterates designs and present creative solutions to challenging engineering problems, and is willing to put in the effort it takes to get this energy storage startup off the ground.
- A detail-oriented individual.
- Passionate about technology innovation, product development, energy engineering, and energy storage.
- Experience in 3D CAD parametric modeling. Experience with 2D drawing software (ie AutoCAD) a plus. Experience with engineering drawings (ASME Y14.5-2009) and GD&T preferred.
- Experience with FEA, thermal, and/or fluids analysis a plus.
- Experience with engineering visualization / animation tools (eg Autodesk 3ds Max) a plus.
- Experience with mechanical systems, including familiarity with hardware, fasteners, common industrial products and techniques (eg, strut, T slot, etc), and creativity with readily available materials.
- Experience with hand tools, power tools, general machining, and fabrication for prototyping.
- Experience with CNC machining, welding, next-generation manufacturing (eg, 3D printing) a plus.
The Fine Print
- Start May-June 2018 and work with us for 3 months; both negotiable.
- Compensation in cash.
- As startups go, the work is demanding and the hours are long, but we’ll make every effort to find an arrangement that works.
- Moderate travel, mostly local.
- This position is an internship with the opportunity to transition into full-time employment.
We’d love to get a sense of your thought process. If you'd like, please send us a concise response to the
Given the choice between pure water and a NaCl-water solution as the thermal energy storage medium in medium temperature (40°F, 4.4°C) refrigeration applications, what are the pros and cons of each material?
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!