If your dream job includes solar energy, educating customers on the right "solar-fit" for their home, and incredible work culture, we've got you covered. Come join a company that's leading the way:
In energy you can invest in our community by selling solar PV systems to increase our use of a renewable resource.
In trusted solar PV design you can work to help our customers go-solar, where honest communication is encouraged, questions are welcomed, and collaboration is prioritized.
In opportunity you can do work you love, learn about all parts of the business and become a co-owner.
We're Namaste Solar and we're in it for the long haul. We're investing in the long-term health of our communities and the environment by installing PV solar systems for residential customers along the front range, and commercial customers nationwide.
We're looking for a new Solar PV Sales and Designer to join our growing team.
Solar PV Sales and Designer
The goal of this position is to educate our customers and help them find the right "solar fit" for their home. This requires a unique combination of technical and communication skills, passion and excitement for our customer's choice to put solar PV on their home. Please include a cover letter along with your application, it will be treated as part of your interview.
More specifically, you'll:
- Taking initial sales calls,
- Prospecting and qualifying leads,
- Scheduling in-home customer meetings,
- Getting on roofs to measure and conduct shade analysis,
- Presenting system and financing options to the customer,
- Completing the initial PV system design,
- Developing the sales quote, and closing the sale
- Public speaking and presentations.
- Staffing tradeshows and events
Working @ Namaste Solar:
This job is full time, based in Denver, CO and works Monday to Friday, with some weekends as customers need us, or as sales events require. Hours are flexible to meet the schedules of our customers and our internal operations.
We want our work environment to be as strong as our mission. That's why we've become a certified B Corporation to show our concern for the triple bottom line (planet, people, profit), a WorldBlu certified democratic company and won a "Best Places to Work" award in 2017 from Outside Magazine.
Some of the things we do for employees include:
- Assistance in obtaining NABCEP certification
- Candidacy program a year-long mentored journey to become a co-owner of the business
- Once a candidate you'll get the "Namaste MBA" a year-long program that gives each candidate an overview of how the whole company works
- Generous Paid Time Off: 4 weeks PTO for employees/candidates; 6 weeks PTO for co-owners
- Offsite retreats twice a year all co-owners, and anyone on track to become one, head offsite to learn and plan for the company's future
- EcoPasses to ride RTD buses and light rail
- Casual, fun and flexible work environment
What We're Looking For:
You'll thrive in this job if you're a good communicator, can authentically share your passion for solar with our customers, have proven systems for keeping track of your deliverables, and ability to excel in a team environment where your performance is measured holistically (i.e. we do not pay sales commission).
- Outstanding communication, customer service and follow-up skills and experience.
- Superior self-awareness, accountability, confidence and poise while juggling numerous tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be highly organized with extreme attention to detail for logging and communicating project details.
- Strong algebra, trigonometry & spatial visualization skills.
- Experience performing financial calculations (ROI, IRR, NPV, etc.).
- Great team player in a collaborative rather than competitive sales team environment.
- Proficient with: Microsoft Office Suite and Google Sketchup, Aurora Design
- Proven track record highlighting examples of being a self-starter while managing numerous priorities.
- Demonstrated success with in-home sales of a technical, home improvement, or financial product.
You don't need to have these, but you'll be even more prepared for the job if you have:
- General construction understanding, i.e., ability to read, understand, and edit electrical and structural plans - reading/interpreting blueprints, & field layouts.
- NABCEP Technical Sales certification; experience with grid-tied solar electric installation, design, or sales; Bachelor's degree or 2 years related experience; and Engineering degree; SEI Solar PV courses, and/or COSEIA Certification.
- General understanding of electricity and electrical systems.
- Salesforce experience
- Salary range $40-60K, commensurate with experience, no commission structure.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please tell us how.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!