Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage start up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple of years with clean, affordable solar energy. At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We are looking for an experienced System Test Engineer to support our growth strategy in Africa.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Off Grid Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets (billions of people around the world) with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
Off Grid Electric, through its consumer brand Zola, combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Off Grid Electric’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
Today, Off Grid Electric powers more than 100,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania, Rwanda and Côte d’Ivoire. Off Grid Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners, and responsibility. Off Grid Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit www.offgrid-electric.com.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis may be your dream internship if you’re someone who dreams of gaining experience, knowledge and skills that enable Off Grid Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets — billions of people around the world — with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
This Finance internship is part of Group Accounting team in Amsterdam and reports to the Group Accounting Manager. We will ensure you will gain good professional experience and guidance during your assignment. During this internship you will be involved in the procure to pay process and general ledger accounting. Together with a team of 5 Finance professionals you will:
- Work closely with procurement team to record invoice into the system
- Track employees’ expenses and process expense reports
- Collect relevant info to setup new vendors in the system
- Maintain vendor master data in the system
- Prepare and process vendor and expense payments for various entities
- Execute vendor and expense payments for various entities
- Document VAT treatment related to AP invoice for various entities
- Clear payments from the system and issue vendor with proof of payments
- Assist into vendor’s queries and reconcile accounts payable accounts
- Assist in documenting process descriptions and processes flows for Procure to pay process
- Post cash entries in the system and perform checks with local team regarding cash transactions
- Reconcile GL with bank account balance and investigate on pending items in the reconciliation with local teams
- Prepare and process month-end close journal entries
- Perform controls on the responsible general ledger accounts
- Assist in preparing documentation for auditors and in documenting process descriptions and process flows for various topics in general ledger accounting
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the role described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to perform the work. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the role.
The successful candidate is a Bsc student who is looking for a challenging internship in the Amsterdam City Center.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles and accounting software
- Understanding of the local business environment
- Knowledge of the relevant financial legislation pertaining to the country
- Communication and problem solving skills
- Analytical and Interpersonal skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven and a team player
HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!