Uncover hidden opportunities to make a global impact. Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage start up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple of years with clean, affordable solar energy. At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst Corporate Development to support our growth strategy in Africa.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Off Grid Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets (billions of people around the world), with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
Off Grid Electric, through its consumer brand Zola, combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Off Grid Electric’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
Today, Off Grid Electric powers more than 100,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania, Rwanda and Côte d’Ivoire. Off Grid Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners, and responsibility. Off Grid Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit www.offgrid-electric.com.
Off Grid Electric is seeking an experienced Senior Finance Analyst to provide analytical finance support for OGE’s Corporate Development effort, reporting to the CFO of OGE. Responsibilities related to the role are in the area of business development analytics, supporting partner pipeline management and stakeholder management, including negotiations. All with the goal to achieve optimal partner deals through efficient and concise modeling/analytics, rapid expansion of the pipeline and onboarding of new partners. Responsibilities related are to:
- Develop and maintain complex financial models to support the business development team
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to evaluate potential partnership opportunities and develop recommendations
- Support business development manager in managing the OGE partner pipeline
- Manage data room for potential partners
- Support onboarding of new partners
- Work with internal stakeholders and external partners to achieve optimal solutions for OGE
- Support partner negotiations through insightful, prompt, and accurate models and analytics
- Concisely present to management and external partners
- Msc/Bsc degree in Finance or Accounting, with an additional certification such as CFA
- 3+ years of investment banking analyst experience preferably in corporate finance, M&A or fixed income
- Very strong quantitative and analytical skills including Excel modelling
- Ability to understand the business, operations strategy and reflect that understanding in external and internal communication both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Must have very advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including advance knowledge of financial formulas, pivot tables, and macros
- Strong skills in other Microsoft applications, such as PowerPoint
- Advanced analytical skills and business understanding
- Familiarity with cloud-based accounting software, preferably NetSuite
- Solid understanding of general ledger accounting and the creation of financial statements
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines and effectively working under time pressure
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Ability to present to senior management clearly and concisely articulating complex issues
- Desire to make a difference to the lives of the rural poor in Africa
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and deadline driven
- Required to travel and willing to work extended hours
- Travel to some of the loveliest and most exotic parts of Africa.
- The opportunity to directly improve millions of lives. By bringing sustainable electricity to a part of the world where 90% of people have no grid access - Few other activities can provide as fundamental an impact on human lives as this.
- Some of the smartest, most committed, and hardest working international colleagues in a distributed environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!