With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Program Coordinator plays a key role in the success of a new initiative aimed at activating the EDF Climate Corps network and networks of like-minded partners to advocate for climate policies at the local, state and federal level. Under supervision of the Manager, EDF Climate Corps, and in close coordination with the EDF Political Affairs team, the Coordinator will support the design and delivery of high-impact programs to advance EDF Climate Corps network members’ skills and knowledge of public leadership, including elected leadership, policy, advocacy, and organizing. The Coordinator is responsible for executing and supporting a set of programs to inspire, develop and increase the number of alumni successfully pursuing and serving in public leadership roles. The coordinator will execute program expansion efforts, program evaluation, outreach and recruitment, selection, and tracking of members participating in advocacy programs. The Coordinator will also participate in key EDF Climate Corps fellowship processes and directly engage with organizations by managing a portfolio of host organization relationships.
Coordinate key initiatives that mobilize the EDF Climate Corps network of young sustainability professionals for activism on climate policies including:
- Plan the logistics and execution of related EDF Climate Corps programs, workshops and in-person trainings, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Coordinate with EDF political affairs and EDF membership teams to ensure all content is aligned with EDF priorities, existing EDF programs and key environmental and climate issues.
- Manage email distribution list including content creation, design, coordination with other stakeholder groups, distribution and email list maintenance.
- Oversee consultant contracts for training content and participant coaching of EDF Climate Corps advocacy trainings.
- Recruit, gather and evaluate participant applications for programs and trainings and act as main point of contact with all alumni participants.
- Coordinate participant travel and/or reimbursements and manage event logistics such as space reservations, catering, and AV, including the facilitation of online webinar-based events.
- Track, analyze and monitor progress of participants and communicate results to program leadership.
- Coordinate with marketing and communications team on sharing success stories.
- Contribute to the strategy and future development of the initiative, including:
- Evaluate the results of the 2017 advocacy workshops and trainings.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to help create a project plan for future trainings and programing.
- Develop relationships with external partners that can contribute to or participate in the initiative
- Oversee ~15 relationships with companies and public sector organizations participating in the fellowship program, develop scope of work for EDF Climate Corps engagements, oversee summer fellowships and ensure successful completion of fellowship deliverables.
- Deepen relationships with host companies throughout the year through effective relationship management.
- Participate in key fellowship processes including host recruiting, fellow recruiting, implementation check-ins, surveys and after-action reviews.
- Help with additional projects as they arise.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 3 or more years of professional experience, including 1+ years’ experience working in environmental or climate policy advocacy.
- Some experience coordinating or managing leadership development programs, work on a political campaign or with a caucus is preferred.
- An understanding of the political system at the local, state and federal level.
- An understanding of effective training methodologies.
- Proven ability to build and leverage relationships with diverse audiences and partners.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work with colleagues and external partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% of the time).
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with HTML coding for email campaigns, Salesforce and MailChimp.
- A utility player who can be flexible with changing job responsibilities, adjust or pivot as necessary to challenges, and is willing learn new skills if necessary.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!