Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are seeking a passionate and experienced Assistant General Counsel to join our legal team. In this role, you will provide analysis and counsel for a wide range of legal matters, including advising on transactions and capital markets, as well as anticipating and guarding against legal risks facing the company. An ideal candidate is someone who has proven knowledge of the consumer lending industry and the complexities and constraints specific to the regulatory structure. This role reports to the General Counsel.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Mosaic teams including Accounting, Finance and Risk
- Manage commercial and securities law issues as they relate to finance transactions including:
- reviewing agreements
- offering memorandums, prospectuses and other documentation
- developing and approving transactions and policies
- structuring and documenting new transactions
- managing external counsel
- conducting regulatory analysis and advising on issues arising under applicable securities laws and regulations
- Advise the company concerning bank partnerships and whole loan sales
- Ensure timely identification, mitigation and resolution of existing and emerging legal issues and risks, and escalating appropriate issues as needed
- Support the continuous improvement of the company's legal processes
- Keep informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
What you bring to the team
- Deep understanding of commercial and securities law issues as they relate to finance transactions
- Proven experience with secured lending and securitization, as well as capital markets and financial transactions
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and membership in good standing of a state bar
- 7+ years legal experience
- Experience with in-house legal department, private firm or government attorney role
- Must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have a generous PTO program, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!