Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, Conti Solar is looking for you. We are an established renewable energy development and EPC firm and we are looking for top tier employees to help continue the growth and success we’ve achieved over the past decade in solar. Conti has been in the solar industry since 2005 and has developed, engineered, procured, and constructed over 500MW of solar-PV projects around the United States. We are expanding our renewable energy division to meet the increasing demands we are seeing for our services.
Conti Solar is a portfolio company of the Conti Group, a global infrastructure development, engineering, construction, and technology company. Founded over 110 years ago, Conti’s portfolio companies execute complex projects across many industries including renewable energy, oil and gas, transportation infrastructure, defense environmental, software, and health care. Conti is a truly dynamic place to work and is known for empowering its people to do great things.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSOLAR DEVELOPMENT INTERN
We are looking to hire part-time and summer interns to join our Project Origination and Development team. This role will provide an outstanding opportunity to learn about the entire lifecycle of a project, to understand different electricity markets, and the industry as a whole. Additionally, we would like to potentially onboard successful interns to full-time employees.
This position is part of a small, collaborative and entrepreneurial team, and will be involved in managing our current development pipeline as well as performing market research and originating new projects. The intern should have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for renewable energy. In particular, we are looking for a candidate who is flexible and capable of working in a dynamic team of professionals. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can independently complete tasks on schedule and are comfortable forming, writing, and presenting a coherent argument using facts and fact based opinions following detailed analysis.
A successful candidate should have strong communication, presentation, and computer skills and be comfortable with basic principles of finance and economics. An understanding of the solar and/or power industries and project finance is considered a major advantage but is not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with manager and other team members in the field and office to uncover new opportunities and drive forward existing projects under development
- Interface directly with land owners, PPA counterparties, investors and other project stakeholders
- Develop new relationships with project partners
- Take part in and contribute to periodic meetings
- Research, conduct self-guided analysis, produce reports, and present information clearly to management in and across a wide variety of industries.
- General tracking of project developments, construction and operations in the market
- Compilation and analysis of data for project developers, financiers and investors
- Optional travel to project sites and meetings (if academic schedule permits)
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must
- Track record of achievement
- Self-directed, motivated, and flexible self-starter with ability to work independently and to autonomously manage tasks
- Able to accomplish multiple/simultaneous assignments within deadlines; Strong due diligence skills
- Basic understanding of market strategy and ability to assess market segments
- Able to multi task and work in a fast paced challenging environment
- Excellent Academic Credentials (GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Working Knowledge of Word, Excel, and software.
- Financial acumen and a solid understanding of economic value proposition analysis
- Working knowledge of project-based financial models
- Ability to interface with co-workers, partners, and clients (of varying functions) in a professional manner
- Desire to expand breadth of knowledge in potentially new industries and areas
- Exceptional professional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Entrepreneurial Drive and willingness to be a part of a team pursuing new business opportunities in the face of challenges.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
The Conti Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please follow the link below.
Don't forget to mention you found this opportunity on Cleantekker!